Monday, May 28, 2007

I've arrived in Mt Pleasant Academy, Delaware



I arrived in Delaware! The stamps gave my presence away to the MtPleasant folks. Soon I was introduced to:

Agamemnon the African Lab frog from Grow-A-Frog folks. See him there just to my left? He's just 7 months old and still growing. Agamemnon breathes air but lives in water all the time. This summer, I was told, he will start eating worms from MtPleasant's garden. When he starts eating them he will grow quite a lot, or so they hope.

Next I was introduced to Rabbit. There are many rabbits in their yard but this one just stays put. The rabbits love to eat the lush yard grass but they must hide from the foxes and run fast when the crows attack. Finally I was introduced to Brutus the Buckeye. Actually he is a 6-month old puppy, one of the gentle giant breeds. He promises not to hurt me while I am staying with Mt Pleasant Academy. Brutus is named after the mascot for The Ohio State University although most folks believe he is named Brutus because of his size. Presently he weighs about 85#. He's kept on a leash in the house so that if he misbehaves, which is quite infrequently these days, he can be quickly caught and disciplined. They tell me that when they discipline him he is put through a series of Sit-stays, and Down-stays, but never, ever hit or yelled at. That just isn't an approach Mt Pleasant uses with her dog or her children.

Tomorrow we have school and a new friend is coming for the day. It is time to go to bed.

2 comments:

mull-berry said...

Glad you arrived safely! Looks like fun ahead.

Frankie said...

So glad you arrived safe and sound. We were wondering where you would go next.

I can't believe how big Brutus has grown!

Enjoy your stay!