Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I've Arrived in Small Town Mississippi

After a long journey, I have arrived in Mississippi. I may have to lose the sweater and scarf since the temperatures are warm, 75 degrees Fahrenheit today. I'm sitting on the front porch listening to the ruckus the Wisteria family calls life. There are cows lowing, horses whinnying, roosters crowing, hens cackling, dogs barking, birds singing, and . . . cats meowing. I have been a bit worried about my safety. There seems to be an alarming number of cats prowling.

Wisteria assures me that I am not the sort of mouse that the cats eat. I sure hope she is correct.

After a tall glass of ice tea and a visit on the porch, I have been promised a tour of the farm. It was even suggested that I could be of assistance with chores. The porch is much nicer. I may stay here.

2 comments:

Frankie said...

I am very anxious to see Addie's adventures on the farm!

mull-berry said...

I'm glad she arrived safely. Looking forward to fun in Mississippi!